Coagula Curatorial @ Chung King Road in DTLA

Having spent a good amount of time in large urban centers, I've grown to appreciate an ability to walk to places, instead of driving to them. In Los Angeles, however, it all changed, when I had come here for college. LA's metropolitan area sprawls with highways and endless lines of cars. This past weekend, I was able to find a little walking street with numerous exhibitions.

The main exhibition that was required for an extra credit for one of my classes was at Coagula Curatorial in the heart of Chinatown near the Downtown area. I not only enjoyed the required exhibition, which presented different art pieces on three floors, but also the general vibe on the street that the exhibition took place, Chung King Road. There were many more other exhibitions at that street, where visitors nonchalantly walked from one building to another, while calmly observing paintings, chatting with curators and appreciating the general atmosphere. I am glad my professor advised my class to go check out this one particular exhibition, which turned out to be an exploration of a magical pedestrian street, where Los Angelenos can escape from the driving spirit of Los Angeles that is represented by cars.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Born on Third Base

Lost in Japan